I’m crazy about turmeric for it’s anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties! Turmeric also promotes digestive health. YAY!
When you pair black pepper with turmeric, you increase your body’s absorption of the turmeric by 2,000%! WOWZA!
The tomatoes are full of lycopene, which gives them their vibrant red colour! It’s also what makes them powerful anti-oxidants which fight free-radicals making tomatoes a wonderful anti-cancer food!
Here’s the recipe* for this awesome anti-inflammatory & anti-cancer soup!
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes, rinsed and cut in halves
- 1 large can of diced tomatoes (don’t drain the liquid)
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- 1 minced medium sized onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (AVC)
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Saute onion and garlic in coconut oil over medium heat until onions are soft
- Add turmeric, cherry tomatoes, canned tomatoes, vegetable stock, AVC, and dried basil
- Bring to a boil on medium-high heat, then cover and let simmer on low heat for 5 minutes
- Blend using a blender or hand mixer until creamy
- Season with salt and pepper
* Since all of the ingredients in this soup are on the Dirty Dozen List, I suggest you choose organic for each
Recipe from http://www.healthy-holistic-living.com/