Sunshine Quinoa Salad
For ONLY $7.99, you receive:
- Over 30 gluten-free, unique, and fresh salad recipes created by Holistic Nutritionists
- A delicious cookbook with full-colour vibrant pictures
- Guide to creating the ultimate salad
- Instructions on how to clean fruits and veggies
- Information about GMO foods and how to avoid them
- Importance of eating the rainbow
- Guide to buying fresh produce on a budget
This Sunshine Quinoa Salad from Jesse Lane Wellness Cookbook Healthy Fresh Salads is a crunchy burst of sunshine and flavour! It contains hydrating cucumber, crunchy carrot, spicy radishes, sweet cranberries, and detoxifying coriander. The flavours come together really well over a bed of quinoa and arugula. Quinoa is a great gluten-free source of protein that acts as a base for this dish and will help you stay full for hours.
(no soy, dairy-free, vegan, vegetarian)
Prep time: 20 minutes | Inactive prep time: 30 minutes | Serving size: 4
2 cups cooked quinoa (1/2 cup dry cooked in 1 cup water)
1/2 cucumber, diced
1 large carrot, shredded or thinly diced
4-5 radishes, finely diced
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4-1/2 cup chopped coriander (or parsley depending on your preference)
Juice of 1 lemon
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp hemp or flax oil
4 cups of baby arugula (optional)
2 avocados (optional), sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
Toss all ingredients in a large mixing bowl (minus the arugula) and let it sit for 30 to 60 minutes.
Place 1 cup of arugula in bowl and 1 cup of quinoa salad on top. Top with ½ avocado if using.
(Recipe by Andrea Kmecza)
To buy Jesse’s cookbook, HEALTHY FRESH SALADS for only $7.99, click HERE.