I am in love with chia seeds. They are absolutely a superfood! They’re loaded with fiber, protein, Omega-3 fatty acids, and they’re full of antioxidants!
One little ounce (28 grams) of chia seeds contains:
- 11 grams of fiber
- 4 grams of protein
- 9 grams of (good) fat (5 of which are omega-3)
- 18% of daily recommended calcium
- 30% of daily recommended manganese
- 30% of daily recommended magnesium
- 27% of daily recommended phosphorus
- and a good amount of Zinc, Vitamin B3, Potassium, Vitamin B1 and Vitamin B2.
Adding Chia seeds to smoothies is quick and easy! Another great way to use chia seeds is to make pudding. Lately, I have been addicted to chia seed pudding!
Yesterday afternoon I found an amazing chia seed pudding recipe! It’s from the website Fit Foodie Finds.
I made the Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding in the afternoon and had to stop myself from eating the entire bowl that night! It’s SOOOOOOOOOO YUMMY!
The prep time is 5 minutes and voila! Deeeeeeeeelicious, super healthy chocolate pudding!
Here’s how to make Fit Food Finds Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding:
- 1/4 cup of raw cacao* powder
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsps of chia seeds
- 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup
- 2 cups of unsweetened almond mylk
- pinch of sea salt
Put all the ingredients in a bowl, and whisk until the cacao powder has dissolved. Place in the refrigerator, covered, for around 6 hours or until the chia seeds turn jelly-like and the mixture thickens. Stir periodically.
I hope you try this recipe soon! I know you will love it too!
* check out why I prefer cacao powder vs cocoa powder