This dish, created by Joy McCarthy of Joyous Health, is soooooooooooooooo good! I made it for dinner last night and I’m so happy there are leftovers for lunch today!
You must try it! It’s not only ridiculously delicious, but it’s easy to make too!
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp curry powder (organic preferred for best flavour)
- 4 cups cauliflower, chopped into bite-size florets
- 1 (796mL) can whole or diced tomatoes, do not drain
- 2 cups water (if it’s too thick, add 1 more cup water as needed)
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 can (400mL) garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained
- 1-2 small tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 can (400mL) full fat canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Optional: 1 tsp dried chili flakes
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Melt coconut oil in a large soup pot on medium and add onions. Sweat the onions and then add the curry powder, saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, canned tomatoes, 2 cups of water and quinoa and bring to a soft boil then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes until cauliflower starts to become tender and quinoa cooks.
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chickpeas and remove from heat. Let cool slightly before adding coconut milk to prevent it from curdling. Add chopped tomato (the heat of the stew will warm it). If using, add chopped parsley just before serving.