I recently bought the cookbook Thug Kitchen, Eat Like You Give a F*ck. Yes, it’s full of swear words, but don’t let that discourage you from checking it out! It’s a great cookbook that has recipes you don’t need to drive all over the city to find ingredients for. The recipes are plantbased and SUPER deeeelicious!
I’m working my way through the cookbook and had to share the Caesar dressing with you! It’s quick and easy (I make it before work!), and it’s the best I’ve ever tasted! EVER!
Here is my slightly adapted recipe ……….
What you’ll need:
- 1/3 cup of slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup of hot/boiled water
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup of olive oil or water (if you’re avoiding oils)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice (approx. 1/2 lemon depending on the size of the lemon!)
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of capers
- First things first, put the slivered almonds in a bowl or cup and pour the hot/boiled water on them. Let the almonds sit for 15 minutes.
- While the almonds are soaking put all of the remaining ingredients into your blender.
- Once the 15 minutes are up, add the almonds with the almond water to the blender.
That’s it! So quick! I hope you try it soon!