I found this recipe by Sweet Potato Soul on Facebook yesterday and just had to try it!
It is SOOOOOOOOOOO good! EVERYONE in my family loves it!
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ cup celery, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 4 small yukon gold potatoes, cubed
- 2½ cups frozen organic corn
- 1 14-oz can of coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Heat coconut oil over medium-high heat in a heavy bottomed pot.
- Add the onions, garlic, and celery, and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Stir in the carrots, potatoes, and corn kernels.
- Pour in the coconut milk, water, and bouillon cube then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to let soup simmer and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat.
- Transfer about a third of the soup to a blender, and blend until smooth. Or use an immersion blender to cream part of the soup in the pot.
- Pour back into the main pot, and add the red pepper flakes and pepper.
- Season to taste with salt and more pepper if necessary.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.