Although I’ve called these Breakfast Muffins, they can of course be eaten at any time of day! They make a great afternoon snack too as they will fill you up but won’t spike your blood sugar.
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup of maple syrup
2 cups of chopped carrots (approx. the size of a baby carrot)
1/2 cup almond flour / meal
1/3 cup brown rice flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda (preferably non aluminum)
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cacao powder
1/4 cup chopped raw cashews or raw almonds or raw pecans (your choice!)
1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1/3 cup of blueberries or raspberries (if using raspberries cut in half so they spread throughout the mixture/muffins)
Hemp hearts for sprinkling.
1. Put eggs, vanilla and maple syrup into a blender. Blend.
2. Add the chunks of carrots to the blender and blend until chopped into small pieces. Be careful not to puree.
3. In a separate bowl, add almond flour, brown rice flour, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and cacao.
4. Pour wet mixture over dry mixture. and mix by hand with a spoon or spatula.
5. Add nuts and berries to the mixture.
6. Spoon batter into muffin papers / tins until full.
7. Sprinkle hemp hearts on each muffin.
8. Bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes. Keep an eye on them.