The first thing you should do in the morning is drink a glass of lemon water. Even if you’re a coffee drinker, have your lemon water before. Lemon water will start you off on the right foot for the day!
All you have to do is squeeze the juice of a 1/2 a lemon into a 1/2 – 1 cup of room temperature water. Voila. That’s it.
And what will this teeny tiny healthy habit do for you?
- It’s gonna boost your immune system. Lemons are full of vitamin C.
- It helps kick start your body into a pH balance. Disease occurs when the body’s pH is acidic. Drinking lemon water on a regular basis can help to remove acidity in your body.
- Your digestive system will thank you. Lemon juice loosens toxins from your digestive tract.
- Lemons are an excellent source of potassium (higher than apples!). Potassium is very good for heart health.
- Toxins will get flushed out. Because lemons increase the rate of urination in the body, toxins are released at a fast rate which helps to keep your urinary tract healthy.
- The citric acid in lemons helps maximize enzyme function, which stimulates the liver and aids in detoxification.
- Your joints will thank you because drinking lemon water on a regular basis will help to remove uric acid from your joints, which is one of the main causes of inflammation.
Have I convinced you to start this very simple healthy habit each morning? I sure hope so!
Start today. Your body will thank you.